Do you feel like your life is out of control?
Do you wish you could stop and smell the roses, but you feel like you have to be busy doing and going, and the best you can do is barely notice the roses on your way by?
Does it feel like your life is cluttered with not only things but financial issues and must-dos and others’ expectations and your own disappointments, and you’re getting to the point where you feel like you just can’t (or don’t want to) handle it all?
Then you are in the right place.
I have felt all those things at one time or another. Many times, in fact. And while I’m still a work in progress, I am here to say that life doesn’t have to be that way. We can live with less stress and more peace.
For many years I have been on a mission in my own life:
- to find easier and quicker ways to do just about everything, so I have more time for relaxation and fun
- to get out from under the weight of financial frustration, so I have more freedom in spending and giving
- to be more comfortable with who I am, so I don’t base my self-image on what others think
- to learn God’s truths, so I can glorify and enjoy Him with my life
And I’d love for you to join me.
If you want all these things in your own life – or even only some of them! – then you will find help here. I don’t claim to have “arrived” with any of these, but here are some of the things you can read about:
- Are You Aware of the Real Cost of Debt?
- Demystifying the Homeschool High School Transcript
- High Protein Breakfast Pancakes
- How to Organize the ONE THING You Use the Most
- Ways to Save Money: The Obvious One
- Home Staging Before and After
- When You Feel Overwhelmed About Today
- Tips for Surviving a No Spend Month
You may have noticed there are a lot of different topics on here. I write about pretty much “any and everything,” lol. But it’s all focused around the idea of streamlining our lives, clearing out all types of clutter and the excess weight, so that we are free to be our real selves, the wonderful individuals that God created us to be.
Having said that, you should know there are two things I write about more than others:
1) Finances and being frugal – this is one of the leading causes of stress, y’all. Including in my own life, lol. So get on this journey with me and let’s get control of this mess once and for all!!
2) Homeschooling high school – Even this does not have to be difficult, y’all. And yet too many homeschooling families quit when it’s time for high school because they think it will be. I am here to say that It’s Not That Hard to Homeschool High School. And to prove it, I will provide the information you need to handle it well – and simply. You can do this! (Join my FB group for even more encouragement: It’s Not that Hard to Homeschool High School on FB)
But all the other aspects of life are fair game and happen frequently, as well, so stay tuned and be refreshed!
Put your email address here to receive my newsletter which includes links to recent posts and also exclusive content just for subscribers!
Am I ANN or ANNIE?
Actually, I answer to both, but I generally refer to myself as Ann. My husband, although he calls me Ann when he speaks TO me, refers to me as Annie when he talks ABOUT me. So I get called Annie by many people who meet me after meeting him. I like it. 🙂
There’s not a whole lot to know about me, but here are a few items of interest:
My first love is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; I strive to glorify Him in all that I do.
I love my husband; he and I have been married for 27 years. He is a pilot and gone for work much of every month, so I am often a single parent and Mrs. Fixit. We recently finished our third house re-do — he does the tough stuff and I do the design/decor (although I have been known to tackle the odd electrical or plumbing project). Our marriage is just as simultaneously wonderful and messy as anyone else’s, but he’s still the one I choose to take home from social occasions! 🙂
I love my five children. We have homeschooled all of them from kindergarten on; three of them have graduated from our homeschool and are now in college. The two left at home still keep me hopping!
I also love music, books, eating out, and movies. You will find references to these in my writing. 🙂
I also love hearing from readers!! Feel free to send me an email at ann (at) annieandeverything (dot) com.
Thanks for reading this page all the way down to the bottom! 🙂 🙂 Just for you, click here to download the lilies picture to use as a desktop background on your computer! (After the tab opens with the image, you will need to right click on it and choose “set as desktop background.”)